Re: Error 255 with messages with attachments

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:31:23 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Dan Newcombe wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something! This doesn't seem to fail with my test
> messages to my test list, but to other lists, when attachments are sent,
> my maillog has a line saying 'stat=unknown mailer error 255', and the
> message is not added to the archive. If I manually run hypermail on the
> list archive majordomo creates, it has no trouble...it only seems to have
> trouble when getting the messge via stdin.

The error 255 sounds like a core dump or something.

So, if you try with your problematic mail on stdin on the command line, does it work then?

Can we get a sample mail that shows this from somewhere? What does your config file look like? What version of hypermail is this? What platform?

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77