Re: [hypermail] Last french translation

From: Nicolas Noble <Pixel_at_the-babel-tower.nobis.phear.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:49:31 +0100 (CET)

> I still think we should remove all non-HTML texts from lang.[ch] (having
> *everything* in the language of your choice only makes things more difficult
> to support) and then we should probably look at GNU gettext to get proper
> I18N support.

I agree with that. It's really easy to do it in fact. Just have to get all the messages into the source code as normally but just have to enclose them like this: _("Message in english") instead of "Message in english". Then we have to set up the translation package into the main with this:

  setlocale(LC_ALL, "");
  bindtextdomain(PACKAGE, LOCALEDIR);
  textdomain(PACKAGE);

with the constants LC_ALL, PACKAGE and LOCALEDIR set by the config.h. Received on Thu 11 Jan 2001 02:46:00 PM GMT