Re: [hypermail] printf and i18n

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:51:13 -0700 (PDT)

 daniel_at_haxx.se (Daniel Stenberg) writes:
>Did we ever sort it out how we should deal with localized strings? IMHO, it
>is a good thing to be able to generate pages using different languages, but I
>think we should keep the diagnostics and general hypermail strings in
>english.

 I think we all agreed that lang.h isn't the best way to handle stdout/stderr messages. Nicolas' approach of putting them in gettext sounded good to me, but I don't have anything resembling a strong opinion on the subject.

 It looks like I've been putting some new stderr strings in lang.h out of habit. I will try to remember to stop doing that.

> http://www.contactor.se/~dast/trio/
>
>I suggest that we incorporate Trio instead, and remove the src/mprintf.c.

 Ok, I will do this eventually if nobody else does.

Peter McCluskey          | Fed up with democracy's problems? Examine Futarchy:
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | http://hanson.gmu.edu/futarchy.pdf or .ps