Re: [hypermail] hypermail + majordomo + /etc/aliases

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:56:35 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Ed Pop wrote:

> Does anybody knows what is a best way to use hypermail and majordomo thru
> /etc/aliases

I wouldn't say I use "the best" way, but I've made it like this:

In all my *-outgoing aliases (that majordomo will use to post the outgoing mails to), I've added a special receiver named (say) 'dump_the_mail'.

So, for my list 'fake' the /etc/aliases entry looks like:

fake-outgoing: :include:/home/majordomo/lists/fake, dump_the_mail

... then I have a .forward file for the user dump_the_mail that runs procmail.

Procmail checks for the "Sender:" header and extracts the list name from there, and then stores the mail in a folder with that name and runs hypermail on that folder.

Thus, when I add a mailing list to my server, it will automatically start archiving the list...

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77