Re: [hypermail] Protection against spam

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:11:13 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Bruno Demeilliez wrote:

> I come instal hypermail and I have set up protection against the Spam
> (spamprotect = 1). This type of protection doesn't seem to me sufficient
> because it is very easy to circumvent it.

Indeed it is, but it has proved to be sufficient on the site(s) I've used this on. Experience has proved it good enough.

> In addition, it does not function if email is in the text of the message.

That should be considered a bug, IMHO.

> I would like know if exists means of removing address email completely?

Yeah, hack the source. I don't think "removing the address email completely" is a good thing, as very often you want the ability to decode the address manually. At least, so have I.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77