Re: [hypermail] WAI/HTML/CSS enhancements (2nd try)

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_landfield.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 10:16:58 -0500 (CDT)

# Hello hypermailers,
#
# Except for Peter, I didn't get any feedback if people would be
# interested in having these enhancements in hypermail:
#
# http://w3.org/2002/03/archives-improvements/

Personally I like all the proposed enhancements listed. The integrated search capabilities are a win. I was a little confused about the page layout flexibility but that's just my being slow I'm sure. ;)

# Is there any reason why we need today to have all those formatting
# options? Would people be happy if we have one standard HTML
# representation and then be able to customize it through CSS, as well
# as the user defined strings (like the archive name)?

I think this is an excellent idea. There is alot of "stuff" that has been left over from the initial days of HTML. HTML has advanced and there is a real need to clean up hypermail to make it easier to deal with from a formatting and enhancement perspective.

# If people agree on the above, I can engage myself to do the WAI changes.

I agree. I think these are good ideas and needed enhancements. Making it easier for the users to customize their archives to suit their local needs is a real good thing. Cleaning up the code will make it easier to deal with in the future. You have my vote Jose.

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/