[hypermail] Re: NEwbie - Win 2000 questions

From: Darryl Lee <lee_at_darryl.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:34:17 -0500

Hrm, I bet getting hypermail to run under Win2K is going to be more work than it's worth. But oh, there are instructions, so I shouldn't knock them w/o trying them:

http://www.hypermail.org/win32.html

As for getting messages out of Yahoo Groups, I dug around and found this:

http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~zeitlin/yahoo2mbox.html

It's a Perl script that retrieves the archives and reformats them into an mbox-formatted file that Hypermail would be able to deal with just fine.

The caveat is that Yahoo could change their HTML format at any given time, causing this to break.

Good luck. :}

--Darryl Received on Wed 24 Dec 2003 06:34:27 PM GMT