Re: [hypermail] Problems with 2.1.8

From: Peter C.McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:35:45 -0800 (PST)

 moseley_at_hank.org (Bill Moseley) writes:
>I agree with Warren that prefix should be the prefix for everything.
>But you should be able to do:
>
> ./configure --prefix=$HOME/local --with-htmldir=/var/www/htdocs
>
>to override.

 I just checked, and the --with-htmldir option has been working for a long time. I have documented it in the INSTALL.

 Note that if you had followed the INSTALL directions carefully, you would have done the make install in the src directory, which doesn't try to install any documentation. But it then had instructions for installing the html files which didn't work at all. I've fixed the instructions to suggest using make install from the top directory.

 I'm going to release a new tarball version of Hypermail soon. Does anyone have more changes that ought to go in it?

Peter McCluskey          | "To announce that there must be no criticism of
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | the President, or that we are to stand by the