Re: Hypermail - Show Entire Thread functionality

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:53:55 -0700 (PDT)

 naudefj_at_telkomsa.net (Frank Naude) writes:
>Hi,
>
>Trying to find and print a message thread is really frustrating. One
>possible solution is to put a [SHOW THREAD] link on each page and
>develop a small PHP program to read all related pages and present it as
>a single message thread. Even though some of you mentioned the threading
>problems in Hypermail, a best effort approach should already help.
>
>Any comments? Would this be helpful to others as well? Anyone willing to
>help with the development of such a program?

 Doesn't the files_by_thread option do most of what you want?  It's main drawback may be that it isn't obvious which link takes you to the page with the entire thread. A [Show Thread] link for each message in the thread sounds better than how it works now.

Peter McCluskey          | I see no greater impediment to scientific progress
www.bayesianinvestor.com | than the prevailing practice of focusing all of