Re: Time stamps

From: Craig A Summerhill <craig_at_cni.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 22:23:32 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley_at_pcraft.com> wrote:

> Since we're all talking about time stamping stuff already, I just
> noticed something funny...
>
> Check out http://wwwcount.yeehaw.com/archives/9903/ - notice
> anything strange? Look at the time stamp on the last message, then
> look at the very next line under that, Last message date:... See the
> discrepancy?

Ashley,

Um, not really. I don't see a discrepancy.

Look at <http://wwwcount.yeehaw.com/archives/9903/date.shtml>, and see the last message in the listing there. It has the same time as the last message date in the index (Thu 11 Mar 1999 - 20:40:46 MST).

Your default display (as per the URL you gave above) is by thread, not by date. You can't necessarily expect the date displayed on the last message of the index to be the same as the last message when they are being displayed by thread, subject, or author... There are thirty messages in the archive, number 0029.html was the last one in but it is not the last one in the thread index.

Maybe I'm dense... am I missing something?

> PS: Does anyone have access to the 'who' list of
> hypermail_at_landfield.com? I'm pondering starting the list on my end,
> so we can slowly move away from landfield at all - anyone think
> that's a bad idea? I mean, when was the last time we heard from Kent?

Personally, I guess I'm content to leave it alone for the time being.

Of course, a contingency plan (like where to go if it suddenly stops working) might be in order. I suggest we just rely on Daniel's web site to announce a change in the list location when (if?) this one stops working...

--

   Craig A. Summerhill, Systems Coordinator and Program Officer
   Coalition for Networked Information