does uudecode actually work?

From: Tony Ross <tross_at_appworx.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 02:15:57 GMT

Greetings;

We are receiving quite a number of emails with uuencoded files in the body, and hypermail 2b29 is not uudecode'ing these; it leaves the uuencoded file in the body of the html file.

The source code has a uudecode.c, but we don't see its result in the html output. A search of the mailing list for uudecode indicates only some problems with compilation.

How are other people dealing with uuencode'd files in the body of the email that is fed to hypermail? Surely this issue must have been discussed/solved before, and I would appreciate any input.