RE: "," and some another characters on message body

From: Tom von Alten <Tom_vonAlten_at_boi.hp.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 07:48:50 -0600

Oleg Semenyuk wrote:
> I've install hypermail-20b3 on FreeBSD-2.2.6 server with
> Apache_1.2.6rusPL22.2 right now. It seems work fine, but
> when I tried send message, my collegue got bulk mail with
> strange characters in body of this message. For example,
> character "," transferred to "Â" (in Russian code table,
> sorry).

> Why? Can anybody help me?

My guess is you have to find a charset you both can interpret. Your message to the list has

I'm sure I've never seen that character set, and my MUA (Outlook97) has no idea what to do with it. If you can get the characters you need with one of the iso-8859 character sets, you're more likely to succeed, I think.

Cheers,
_____________ Hewlett-Packard Computer Peripherals Bristol Tom von Alten mailto:Tom_vonAlten_at_boi.hp.com Received on Thu 15 Oct 1998 04:41:47 PM GMT