Re: Found the index clobbering daemon!

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 08:36:50 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Tom von Alten wrote:

> I played around a bit with the .hmrc, trying both
> hm_increment = 0
> and
> hm_increment = 1
> (but shouldn't the -u in the command line override this anyway?) and
> neither worked.

Yes, you are 100% right.

> I also had one line with a trailing space which I tried turning on and
> off to no avail.

The trailing space problem should be gone in the b12 version.

> Finally, I removed all the spaces around the '=' signs in the
> assignments, putting them in old sh type form (and adding "" where the
> argument had a space in it). E.g., hm_increment=1

Good news!

Still, checking the source and trying to repeat this at my place I fail to understand how this can happen. Anyone else? Those white spaces shouldn't matter and -u should override the config file...

> That solved the index clobbering, and I now have 2b12 under test.

At last we can at least run it! ;-)

Great work!

--
   Daniel Stenberg    http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast     0708-317742