Options parseing and append vs. overwrite

From: Tom von Alten <Tom_vonAlten_at_boi.hp.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:06:00 -0700

Looking again at hmrc.4, I see that

    hm_increment = boolean_number

      Set this to 1 to read one article only and append it to existing
      archives.

It seems to me that "append" vs. "overwrite" and "one article" (whether stdin or an mbox file) and "multiple articles" are connected, and they should not be.

I might want to append an archive with two messages, from an mbox file.

*Maybe* it's reasonable to connect "from stdin" to "only one message."

But "one => append && [more than one] => overwrite" ('=>' in the logical sense of "implies") does not seem appropriate.

Cheers,
_____________ Hewlett-Packard Computer Peripherals Bristol Tom von Alten mailto:Tom_vonAlten_at_boi.hp.com Received on Thu 26 Nov 1998 02:37:55 PM GMT